C'est La Vie!

Life...or something like that

Monday, May 15, 2006

Choosing Shoes

A bowling plan gone awry resulted in me shopping for shoes!

I checked out all the possible shoe stores for a pair of 'weddingy' shoes and faced such an onslaught of - well, shoes - that it left my head reeling..

And it reminded me of a poem by Ffrida Wolfe I had read in school -

Choosing Shoes

New shoes, new shoes,
Red and pink and blue shoes.
Tell me what would YOU choose,
If they'd let us buy?

Buckle shoes, bow shoes,
Pretty pointy-toe shoes,
Strappy, cappy low shoes;
Let's have some to try.

Bright shoes, white shoes,
Dandy dance-by-night shoes,
Perhaps-a-little-tight shoes;
Like some? So would I.

BUT Flat shoes, fat shoes,
Stump-along-like-that-shoes,
Wipe-them-on-the-mat shoes
O that's the sort they'll [I'll]buy.


But since I was out with 2 girls - no points for guessing - I actually ended up buying 2 pairs of shoes - a pair of shiny wedges and a pair mules with glittery straps and a faux stiletto heel!

2 Comments:

Blogger Vikash Kumar said...

WOW....Congratulations Aditi!! Finally you managed to buy your long awaited pair of shoes ;) Thanx to your 2 girl friends the shoes sound like girlie aswell... hahahhahaha

2:06 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

shoes always add more beauty for life.....so i always prefer wearing nike shoes and they are so comfortable...

9:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home