C'est La Vie!

Life...or something like that

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

A Little Introspection

When a couple of colleagues took one look at my notepad and immediately declared that I was highly stressed - and a msn stress test - jolted me out of a sort of semi-daze I've been in for the past couple of months.

To be semi-dazed for a couple of months is bad enough,but to not even be aware of it is worse!

I seem to be totally messed up right now ,what with a couple of big decisions to make on the job front,co-ordinating work with all the other auxiliary tasks, planning the wedding,closing down the house-
phew!

Not being able to sleep at night,being irritable and doodling furiously(making virtual jalebis for Mandar's wedding!) seem to be a few of the manifestations of the stress I'm experiencing.

Another aggravating factor is the inter-dependence of things,the general inertia of the system and being in the limbo state for the longest time after a teensy bit of progress.

And the semi-daze seems to be my internal coping mechanism - just to let things blur when they are out of my control - which can spell disaster.

But strangely enough, things never seem blur to the extent that I don't care about them anymore- just enough to keep the anger and frustration as background processes.

That way I conveniently don't realize how much energy I'm spending on those emotions but have to face the fatigue and low-energy drive.

Lesson Learnt : Just being aware of the fact that you're stressed can cause more stress.

To Do : De-Stress ASAP.