C'est La Vie!

Life...or something like that

Thursday, February 02, 2006

Killing in the name of...

God

Freedom

Rights

Vengeance

Power

Control

Faith

Greed

Desperation

Insanity

Lust

Honor

.
.
.
.

Fun

Fun??

Last night a friend saw a pyramid-shaped corporate building and casually said,'Won't it be fun to have a bomb go off at every level,starting from the top?'

At that moment I was certain that phlegm (been down with a severe cold for the past 2-3 days) had now blocked my aural canal which resulted in morbid distortions.

It was one moment when my expression said it all, thankfully, because my ENT was totally out of sync anyway.

My friend repeated his brilliant idea ,slowly, (
btw,ENT issues do not mar the brain functionality!) and proceeded to tell me about the coolest ever fireworks show held in the tallest building (101 storeys) in Taiwan,which had fireworks going off on every storey starting from the top.

Now I agree that must have been spectacular, because I personally believe nobody does fireworks like the Chinese, but what got me was the casual replacement of 'fireworks' by 'bombs'..!

(And I'm certain,my friend was not alluding to an old,derelict structure ,which would have to be razed to the ground)

So,would it actually be a source of amusement to some to watch a building blown apart by bombs?

Would real fire,smoke,blood,bones and body bits* be props of an entertainment show in the near future?

How's that for a scary thought!

I would have thought that the difference between 'fireworks' and 'bombs' is so obvious....now I wonder, is it??


* Blood,Bones and Body Bits - Nick Arnold, Horrible Science series (totally awesome!)
(And no,it's not a how-to-be-a-terrorist manual)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home