C'est La Vie!

Life...or something like that

Monday, January 30, 2006

Making the Switch

I finally did it!

I let go of the past, spring-cleaned my life and stopped to smell the flowers...well,almost!

The tangible output of it all was a BLOG to replace my annual journal or diary,if you like!

Call me old-fashioned (I'm not really THAT old!!!) because I haven't let the machines take over my life- a battery-operated toothbrush is NOT a necessity, E-scrabble doesn't work for me and I love 'writing' letters (snail-mail for the uninitiated)- but all this apart,there are some things that technology simply can't replace!

Like books...and journal writing.

E-books just don't cut it, though I do read them once in a while.

And I can't imagine writing a 'personal' blog because how can it be personal ,if the entire online community can read it and comment on it??
and I'm told that I defeat the whole purpose of blogging if I keep my blog 'private'!

So here I am in some weird ,nested paradox trying to tell you that I find journalling more appealing in my own blog!

To start blogging to me is more than an 'upgrade' , not just a matter of switching media, because I absolutely love writing journals, ever since I started journalling at the age of 12.

It has been a very personal experience, writing my thoughts,feelings - even the most banal experiences - so I'm skeptical of taking to blogging, on a personal level, that is.

*Sigh* there just ain't any room for doodles and pressed flowers and other small things that help create wonderful memories...

2 fav journal-based books :

Diary of Anne Frank
Zlata's Diary

1 Comments:

Blogger socratik said...

This is just too cool, Aditi. I read some of the posts. Very interesting. Keep writing; I will now have more of interesting stuff to read.

~Kedar

9:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home